I occasionally find a way to talk to myself in the past.
- Me, 32: Hey, we need to talk.
- Me, 28: Who is this?
- Me, 32: It's me. Us.
- Me, 28: Uh, you look nothing like me.
- Me, 32: I know, isn't it great?
- Me, 28: Dick.
- Me, 32: No, seriously. I'm you...
- Me, 28: WTF how.
- Me, 32: That's what we need to talk about. Sit down...
- Me, 28: ...
- Me, 32: So, you're about to hit rock bottom. Life is literally going to be about as shitty as you can imagine for a couple months.
- Me, 28: It's been pretty bad the last few months.
- Me, 32: It's gonna get worse. I'll let you process that for a minute.
- Me, 28: ...
- Me, 32: Yeah. Hey, look at it this way, at least you're getting the warning. When I went through what you're about to go through, I had no fucking clue what was coming.
- Me, 28: Not. Comforting. At. All.
- Me, 32: Well, this should help.
- Me, 32: All of the shit you're about to endure, it's going to help you find the strength to become me. In just a few months, you are literally going to do something only a rare breed of people do. You're going to say "damn the consequences" and you are going to make your life better. A lot fucking better.
- Me, 28: How much better?
- Me, 32: A lot fucking better, dude. Trust me. I don't want to say too much. Paradoxes and whatnot.
- Me, 28: Well, you gotta give me something. Something to hold on to when this shit gets too hard.
- Me, 32: Well, tonight you learned how to connect a heel-side line with a toe-side line without busting your ass...
- Me, 28: What the fuck does that mean?
- Me, 32: We snowboard now. We even ride the chairlift.
- Me, 28: Dude, how. What?
- Me, 32: Not only that, but 3 nights ago, a college literally paid you money to speak. You are actually able to invoice your voice now. It's fucking ridiculous.
- Me, 28: Get the fuck out. You're just messing with me now.
- Me, 32: No dude. Shit gets awesome.
- Me, 28: What else, man?
- Me, 32: What size jeans are you wearing right now?
- Me, 28: I dunno, probably 46 or something...
- Me, 32: Well, in the future, you're wearing size 36s. And they're like fancy-ass denim from japan and shit.
- Me, 28: What in the absolute fuck.
- Me, 32: Yeah, we actually have a little bit of money now... That's pretty sweet too.
- Me, 28: So you're telling me we have money, we look like you, and we can do cool shit?
- Me, 32: There are literally days where all you do is cool shit. Even at work! We love our job by the way.
- Me, 28: HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE.
- Me, 32: I know right. Shit's pretty awesome.
- Me, 28: Who put you up to this?
- Me, 32: Dude, this isn't a joke. This is how good your life is now.
- Me, 28: Well, there have to be some bad things along the way.
- Me, 32: I could warn you about some shit, obviously. But I'm not going to.
- Me, 28: Why not?
- Me, 32: You learn from a lot of it. You grow from some of it. And even the shit that hurts you the most, the shit that just rips your heart out, it's all been worth it, man. It's all been fucking worth it.
- Me, 28: I don't know what to say. This doesn't seem possible. This all just doesn't seem possible.
- Me, 32: Dude, I know. That's what makes it so perfect. So absolutely perfect.
- Me, 28: I need to know one thing.
- Me, 32: Name it.
- Me, 28: Am I happy?
- Me, 32: ...
- Me, 28: What?
- Me, 32: Every. Fucking. Moment.
- Me, 28: Thank you.
- Me, 32: No, man. Thank you.
- Me, 28: What for?
- Me, 32: Dude, you do this. You did it. All I do is live the fuck out of the benefits. You're the one who got us here. You're the one who didn't quit. You're the one who took the risks. You're the one who did the work. I don't even remember what it was like to be you at this point, so I can't even grasp how hard it was to start anymore. I have honestly lost sight of how much you are getting ready to do. But I am never, seriously NEVER, not filled with gratitude. So, again, thank you. Thank you.
I wish I could show my 28-year-old self my life today. Literally today.
Today is the kind of day he started all this for. Today is the kind of day I’ve earned. I probably don’t deserve this shit, but man, do I enjoy it. Today was a good day.
Tomorrow’s probably going to be a good fuckin’ day too.
Thank you, 28-year-old Me. Thank you so very, very much.
Broke a toe.
Tonight the doctor told me it would be at least 3-4 weeks until I can squat or deadlift again. I let out this audible exclamation of disgust. I think I startled him. One of those moments that really tells me I am not who I was.
Also, the doc didn’t actually ever ask if I squat or deadlift, he just knew to say I shouldn’t do those two specific things for a while.
February is going to be a long month. A long month with lots and lots of core work and upper body lifting.
Fuck it, I’m doing two.
Who knows the next time I’ll be logged in on a wednesday?
You stay classy, Tumblr.
And while I’m logged in, you guys still do GPOYWs around here?
A shot from the lodge on my first snowboard trip this weekend… I did better than I ever expected I’d do. I leaf like a motherfucker.
Life’s good, ya’ll. Life’s good.
theweighiamnow asked: I would like to buy your Life as a Lion stuff, and cannot find the links that used to be posted. (Like from a year ago..haha) Can you hook a sister up with a link or a store or something? Fabulous.
"No more Half-Measures."
I may have been in the steam room too long today.
my chest, shoulders, and face were a shade of pink I’ve never seen before.
i felt like seared tuna.